UPCOMING START DATES
Fall 2017 10-Week Program .......October 3 - December 14
Winter 2018 10-Week Program ... January 17 - March 22
Work-Ready in 10 Weeks!
Students will learn how to provide person-centered support for daily living activities to clients in their homes and/or residential care facilities. You’ll learn about common diseases, infections, chronic illnesses and disorders found in a residential care setting; techniques to assist clients with self-management and activities like bathing, dressing, hygiene care, diet, exercise, social interactions, and more. You’ll learn how to assist in clients taking medications properly and how to assist them in community and social engagement activities.
- Includes CPR & First Aid and Digital Technology for Caregivers course
- Must be 18 years or older (high school diploma not required)
- Eligible for High School Diploma elective credit through New Haven Adult School.
- Instructor: Karen Young, MPH
- Class Fee: $250.00 (Fee waiver available for those who qualify).
- Successful completers receive job placement assistance and employment coaching through their first six months of employment.
- YOU MUST ATTEND AN ORIENTATION & PLACEMENT SESSION TO ENROLL (see dates and times below)
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A DETAILED FLYER
HOW TO ENROLL
- CLICK HERE to download and drop it off, mail or fax (510-471-0554) it to New Haven Adult School, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATTEND one of the following assessment & placement sessions
UPCOMING ASSESSMENT & PLACEMENT DATES
|Wed Sep 20th at 5:30pm -8:30pm
|| Mon Sep 25th at 5:30pm -8:30pm
|Mon Sep 25th at 10:45am -1:45pm
||Mon Oct 2nd at 10:45am -1:45pm
Our program is now on the CalJobs Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)! This means individuals from services such as EDD and CalWorks can now receive financial assistance to pay