Dates: January 6th – May 27, 2020
Hours: Tue & Thur 5:30-8:30pm, plus 1 hour of paid prep-time per week
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the ASE/ABE Program Manager the teacher will instruct students in the Language Arts & Social Studies test preparation for the 2019-20 computer-based GED; provide guidance, resources and referrals; and complete appropriate paperwork and reports as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction to students in the GED Prep class on two evenings per week.
- Monitor student progress and differentiate instruction as needed.
- Guide students to other resources they may need, e.g. computer practice, in order to pass the GED test.
- Administer the GED practice exam (computer based)
- Monitor student attendance and reach out to and encourage students who have missed class(es).
- Provide a learning environment that encourages and supports all students in class.
- Communicate with the ASE Program Manager on a regular basis.
- Keep track of students who have taken and passed the GED.
- Participate in the year-end graduation ceremony.
The ideal candidate has experience with and a passion for working with at-risk young adults. He/she is proactive, shows initiative as well as attention to detail, can think on his/her feet, and multi-tasks well.
Hourly: $34.90 -- $37.34
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online via Edjoin
- Credential Copy
- 3 Letter(s) of Recommendation
Contact Marisol Benard, Program Manger firstname.lastname@example.org