Students will learn how to provide person-centered support for daily living activities to clients in their homes and/or residential care facilities. You’ll learn about common diseases, infections, chronic illnesses and disorders found in a residential care setting; techniques to assist clients with self-management and activities like bathing, dressing, hygiene care, diet, exercise, social interactions, and more. You’ll learn how to assist in clients taking medications properly and how to assist them in community and social engagement activities.
- Includes First Aid, Adult and Child CPR certification (EMS Safety Services) and integrated Digital Technology for Caregivers training.
- Occupational Skills Certificates include:
First Aid, Adult and Child CPR certification (EMS Safety Services)
Medication Administration - 8 Units CEUs
Universal/Standard Precaution - 4 Units CEUs
Personal Rights/Incident Reporting [HIPPA requirements] - 4 Units CEUs
- Must be 18 years or older (high school diploma not required)
- Eligible for High School Diploma elective credit through New Haven Adult School.
- Language support for students enrolled in ESL Intermediate and ResCare IET.
- Instructor: Karen Young, MPH
- Class & Workbook Fee: $350.00 (Fee assistance available for those who qualify)
- Successful completers receive job placement assistance and employment coaching through their first six months of employment.
HOW TO ENROLL
- Complete the application (available online or on paper). Drop it off, mail or fax (510-471-0554) it to New Haven Adult School.
- Pay the $350 class fee, OR take advantage of one of these funding assistance programs!
FUNDING ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The GET WORK READY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- CURRENT ESL, High School Diploma, GED or ABE students attending classes at any adult school in Southern Alameda county or Mid-Alameda county may receive financial assistance through New Haven Adult School by attending our ResCare New Student Orientation,
- Orientation dates & times: Monday May 27, 2019 or Wednesday June 12, 2019 at 11:45-1:45pm at New Haven Adult School , Room 13.
The CAREGIVER AGENCY REFERRAL PROGRAM
The WIOA PROGRAM - A federally funded job training program
Who should attend New Student Orientation?
- Potential new ResCare students who are eligible for the Get Work Ready Scholarship (see details above)
- Any potential new students who have questions about the training program
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- If you are self-paying the course fees, the ResCare New Student Orientation is optional.
- The $350 fee will only be refundable in the event that the class is cancelled.
- Our program is now on the CalJobs Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)! This means individuals from services such as EDD and CalWorks can now receive financial assistance to pay