Students will learn how to provide person-centered support for daily living activities to clients in their homes and/or residential care facilities. You’ll learn about common diseases, infections, chronic illnesses and disorders found in a residential care setting; techniques to assist clients with self-management and activities like bathing, dressing, hygiene care, diet, exercise, social interactions, and more. You’ll learn how to assist in clients taking medications properly and how to assist them in community and social engagement activities.
- Includes First Aid, Adult and Child CPR certification (EMS Safety Services) and integrated Digital Technology for Caregivers training.
- Occupational Skills Certificates include:
First Aid, Adult and Child CPR certification (EMS Safety Services)
Medication Administration - 8 Units CEUs
Universal/Standard Precaution - 4 Units CEUs
Personal Rights/Incident Reporting [HIPPA requirements] - 4 Units CEUs
- Must be 18 years or older (high school diploma not required)
- Eligible for High School Diploma elective credit through New Haven Adult School.
- Instructor: Karen Young, MPH
- Class Fee: $250.00 (Fee assistance available for those who qualify)
- Successful completers receive job placement assistance and employment coaching through their first six months of employment.
HOW TO ENROLL
- Complete the application (available online or on paper). Drop it off, mail or fax (510-471-0554) it to New Haven Adult School.
- Pay the $250 class fee, OR if seeking financial assistance see below:
- If you have proof of the right-to-work in the US, ask for the WIOA application AND register for ResCare New Student Orientation. Click here to see What to bring with you to the orientation.
- If you do not have proof of the right to work in the US, ask our school office for proof of your attendance in ESL, HSD, GED or ABE, AND register for ResCare New Student Orientation.
- If you are self-paying the course fees, the ResCare New Student Orientation is optional.
- The $250 fee will only be refundable in the event that the class is cancelled.
- Have questions? EMAIL email@example.com OR attend the ResCare New Student Orientation