Students will learn how to provide person-centered support for daily living activities to clients in their homes and/or residential care facilities. You’ll learn about common diseases, infections, chronic illnesses and disorders found in a residential care setting; techniques to assist clients with self-management and activities like bathing, dressing, hygiene care, diet, exercise, social interactions, and more. You’ll learn how to assist in clients taking medications properly and how to assist them in community and social engagement activities.
- Includes First Aid, Adult and Child CPR certification (EMS Safety Services) and integrated Digital Technology for Caregivers training.
- Occupational Skills Certificates include:
First Aid, Adult and Child CPR certification (EMS Safety Services)
Medication Administration - 8 Units CEUs
Universal/Standard Precaution - 4 Units CEUs
Personal Rights/Incident Reporting [HIPPA requirements] - 4 Units CEUs
- Must be 18 years or older (high school diploma not required)
- Eligible for High School Diploma elective credit through New Haven Adult School.
- Language support for students enrolled in ESL Intermediate and ResCare IET.
- Instructor: Karen Young, MPH
- Class & Workbook Fee: $350.00 (Fee assistance available for those who qualify)
- Successful completers receive job placement assistance and employment coaching through their first six months of employment.