The purpose of this course is to introduce students to vocabulary and concepts in college-level science including biology and a foundational study in chemistry anatomy and physiology. Students will also learn to study using educational technology tools/resources commonly used in college courses.
Objectives: Students will be able to...
- Identify three fields of study in science: Health Science, Life Science, and Biotechnology
- Use online and offline resources to learn science and health related terminology
- Define and explain basic chemistry terms and concepts
- Explain why chemistry is important when studying life and health science, and differentiate general chemical terminology
- Read, discuss and answer questions from a college-level Anatomy & Physiology in writing.
- Increase your vocabulary and recognition of concepts about cells, tissue, muscles, bones
- Identify the eleven body systems and their function
- Classroom lectures & lab activities, videos, computer study labs, and field trips to the community college
- Homework assignments outside of class time
- Pass Basic Computer Skills & 8th Grade Reading level
- Recommend students complete one term of College Prep Writing & Technology before joining this class
Instructor: Rowland Morey, CPhT
Class Fee: FREE
YOU MUST ATTEND AN ASSESSMENT & PLACEMENT SESSION TO ENROLL (see dates and times below)
How To Enroll
¨ No enrollments being accepted at this time.