State law allows a school district to release records to the adult student directly or, upon the specific release signed by the adult student, to a third party. Therefore, New Haven Adult School requires the adult student’s written signature of release accompanied by a copy of the student’s positive identification (a copy of a driver's license or CA identification is sufficient identification). The student's signature to release must be on NHAS’s Transcript/Verification Request.
The charge for an official transcript or verification request is $5. The charge for diploma copies is $10. Transcripts or Verification requests take 5 to 7 business days for processing. Older transcripts and verifications may take longer.
HOW TO ORDER A TRANSCRIPT, VERIFICATION OR DIPLOMA COPY
1. OpenTranscript/ Verification Request Form (See below or look under right navigation panel)
2. Complete the form: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE TRANSCRIPT & VERIFICATION REQUEST FORM
3. If you are requesting a duplicate copy of your high school diploma it must be clearly stated on the request form that you want a duplicate diploma in addition to the transcript you are requesting. Otherwise, the diploma copy will not be included in this order.
3. Save the completed form to your computer using the following name: Your First Name, Last Name, Transcript Request.
4. Email the saved completed form, with your signature and a copy of the student's Government ID with picture to Belkys Blackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Call our office to provide payment by credit or debit card. If you are requesting a duplicate copy of your high school diploma, the cost is $10.
Please be aware that a request takes 5 to 7 business days to process. Older transcripts and verifications may take longer.
Transcript – Shows classes completed and credits earned at New Haven Adult School toward your high school diploma.
Verification – Shows enrollment date(s). May also show some or all of the dates you have attendance.
Diploma copy – Provide proof of the attainment of a high school diploma